Monday, May 17, 2010

Does she need a planner?

Wow! I still can't believe its taken me 3 and a half months since I wrote my first blog its not a good rate and excusing the fact that I'm not a journalist neither a good writer doesn't work but I'll try to enjoy my writing just like I do my work. Its been busy time analyzing what works or doesn't and the changes to be made for my company. Now that its in the past, I will get back to my question does she need a planner?

I especially admire the work done by Samantha Bridal Exhibition and The Wedding show on Citizen Television in Nairobi-why? I have seen brides I've mentioned to try certain colors or trends in their wedding but its been a firm NO so I had to deal with what they know its tried and tested from other brides but the more the brides have seen how creative other brides are getting they are willing to try out new things too. One show that really touched me was the last show that featured a couple whose reception was at the railways station in Nairobi that was amazing to see a reception done in a place I associate with the so many problems its had in the past I was glad to see it as a reception ground.

Back to my article. A majority of the Kenyan brides prefer committee planned weddings where a group of friends gather to help the future couple (bride and groom) raise money for their wedding. Most don't earn enough to finance their weddings and even for those who do prefer to still work with a committee its easier to work with trusted friends than complete strangers (read planner), the case being they're considered expensive and out to extort the bride and groom. But is this true? Well... I will leave it to an individual to decide whether they can trust a planner or not besides many articles have been published on the importance of a planner.

I do however want to look at a planners work from the angle of blunders that occur during a wedding and why a planner comes in handy. The next article will address the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment