Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Flowers for all ocassions



I  began this article on flowers more than a year ago. I had promised to work on 3 of them. I can finally say its the third one of them. I just love flowers in a wedding as they add beauty to the occasion. Much as its important to engage a florist early most times, its equally important to have the season you are getting married clear in mind. For example, next week for many who observe Valentine's day, the usual trend is for them to say it in flowers, mostly red flowers. That probably makes red roses prices to more than triple in February or at least the week of Valentine's day.

For a bride getting married then, it would be wise to avoid having red roses used in your wedding décor if the goal is to keep the price from excalating. 2 years ago i had an event in may same day as a national holiday. All venues countrywide were using white roses which i desperately needed. At the end of the day, i didn't have enough white roses to build my theme well and that left me feeling like I'd let down my clients in their expectations.

While its hard to miss roses, its good to check early enough for color availability. The same can be said of seasonal flowers, they might not be around when you need them. The good thing though, you can always dye flowers work with artificial or even have the flowers you want dried early enough when they are still available.

Ps: my friend took lovely shots of this flowers. I'm glad he let me use them in my article.

No comments:

Post a Comment