Monday, February 4, 2019

The modern bridesmaids: 2019

I've been away from blogging for the past 7 months. I'm not sure am back as there has been many changes I'm working through in the wedding industry. I had promised to talk about them but I haven't done so due to many reasons. For now, am back.

The last blog I did I spoke on the modern bridesmaids. I would like to continue on this topic as a starting point. I love seeing different designs of jumpsuits. I must admit, I personally don't own any. Seeing however with time the lovely fit on plus size individuals, I might soon make one for myself.

Would you be comfortable as a bridesmaids, to wear a jumpsuit? Isn't it just the brides decision or does she need to run the idea with her bridesmaids first?

I'm from the school of thought that anything that's not traditionally done or worn at weddings, would best be discussed with those involved to get their take on it. If they're comfortable, you're game. If not, then you have a decision to make as the bride: do you keep the person as a bridesmaids despite the uncomfortable situation they'll be in?, replace them with someone else as a bridesmaids or even let go of the idea all together if many are not for it? It's all part of the wedding planning. Sometimes the best plans implemented might just have been a second or a third choice.

The thing about jumpsuits, since the wrong design might look awful on one bridesmaids and not the other, I personally feel that allowing each bridesmaids to settle on a design that best accentuate their figure. From size zero to plus size, you'll always find something that looks great on different wearers. Once the color is settled on, the designs being different would be nice for someone who would wear it on another event or occasion.
Whether the bride and her bridesmaids wear a jumpsuit or the bridesmaids do that on their own while the bride wears a traditional wedding dress, they all can still look great on them. My next question then would be...how about a wedding guest who chooses to wear a jumpsuit. Appropriate? Hopefully, I'll go through that soon.

Side note: none of the images used are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment