Monday, May 11, 2015

Shades of purple

Its been very fast 8 days for me. I thought I would do this sooner but scheduling time doesn't come easy. I read lots of tweets last week on a local bloggers award that was going on: it reminded me that I'm partially one and need to get back on track. If there is one thing to be said about wedding industry, the local market keeps changing so much.


There was a time I could predict right what the local trend was but not anymore. I will however endeavor this week and next to look into the different combination of purple color themes I've worked with.


Today, I would like to look at eggplant and lilac. The time I worked with the 2 color combination 2 years ago, I wasn't skeptical at all at the beginning, but I loved how they combined.



It brought to my attention something interesting though. The deep purple flowers that most vendors refer to is very different shades from what you get in fabrics. I sometimes  have a hard time convincing certain brides that some colors have different shades based on the fabric type we use locally, and also on flowers. Its never an easy discussion with some.



 I loved working on this 2 colors, and I wouldn't mind a twist to it with another bride.





No comments:

Post a Comment