Friday, August 6, 2010

A picture's worth........

Its a slow weekend here with no functions for me. One to reflect on the activities of the first half of the year and consider what worked and didn't and see how to make things better. As a blogger I have from time to time suffered from writer's block (if it applies to a blogger also) and haven't had a chance to have as many articles as I would want published regularly but its one of the things I hope to make better in the months ahead.

I would like to explore photography from a Kenyan perspective especially the Kenyan bride. Every time I meet a potential client and have a chat with him or her one main thing that crosses their mind is
Do you have photos of work you have done?
. Its a question that doesn't escape many here in Nairobi even when you meet them at Wedding Expos. Why the question? Pictures attract and capture the eye. What we see attracts us to what we want. Its generally agreed that first impressions count and that's why some fall in love at first. What do we see in a wedding picture: the quality of photography,a loving couple, a well arranged reception and decor set up, happy friend and relatives and the list is endless. I am an avid reader of a Kenyan magazine called true love, one of the reasons that makes me purchase it is the attractive photos I like looking at-besides the fact that the quality of articles written is exceptional for local content. Glossy magazines, advertisements appeal to many because of the quality of photography conveys a message.
Which brings me to why I thought about today's article: wedding photos can tell a lovely story of the day. Its common practice in Kenya for a couple to select a venue for their photo shoot right after saying I do. How they go about selecting a venue is a topic I would like to pursue in a second part of this article this coming Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment